Friday, June 27, 2008

Rub a dub duck


Oh my goodness! I am roasting a duck! How gourmet is that?! I just gave it a good rub down with sea salt and its in the oven for 3.5 hours. Thankfully we have leftovers we can eat in the mean time since it is already 6pm. Shane looked quite astonished when I shoved Mr. Duck in the oven and told him how long til we would be eating. 'That's 9:30' he said with a look of shock and amusement. Indeed it is rather late for dinner but good food is worth waiting for right? I must say it is quite weird to see the long neck bobbing around I really don't like my meat to resemble too much the animal that I am eating...but sacrifices must be made (literal and otherwise) because the Rayners MUST eat duck. Hey it was $8.38 down from $16! I will let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

. said...

Can't do duck... sorry... unless it's in a dish that totally disguises this fact that it is actually a duck...
RIP Qua