Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thankful


Let it be known that Christy Rayner is grateful. I am. I cannot count my blessings for they are too great. But I will make the beginning of a list of things I am thankful for, things I do not deserve, cannot afford and am the humble recipient of. I have a loving Father who has given me bread, not a stone. I am not getting into a philosophical discussion about whether or not God is good if I do not have good things. I know he is good no matter what. I do, however want and need to acknowledge the wonderfully underserved and beautiful things he has done for me. Not because they make him good, but because they make me thankful and he has called me to give him praise and so I will.

He gave me life (when he could've made anyone else in my place)
he died and gave me eternal life
he gave me a loving family and a wonderful extended family as a part of the body of Christ.
He has given me a loving husband
He has allowed me to partner with him (and shane ;) in bringing life into the world, in the shape of two beautiful girls; Charlotte and Esther - for this I am overwhelmingly, breathtakingly thankful.
He has given me a lovely home full of all the things I need and more
He has given me wonderful friends to share this journey of life
He has placed me in a beautiful city and a community where he has given me a role to play and things to do
He has given me creative gifts that bring me joy to use and bless others
He has given me the power to bless others with words and to illuminate his truth through them

Oh so many things I have been given. My heart's desire is to know the giver, to know the one who loves me so. To be able to thank him with all my heart, with all my life and all my days. Many names could I be described by; mother, wife, sister, friend... But I am His daughter, I am HIS and this is what makes me most thankful.

Lord, may my life bring you pleasure. I delight in pleasing you.

No comments: